All of our staff receive regular safeguarding training. We have trained Designated Safeguard Leads (DSL) in school;
Miss Susie Price is the DSL
Mrs Fiona is our Deputy DSL
Channa Frolic is the Governor responsible for Safeguarding
We encourage anyone with a safeguarding concern to contact one of our safeguarding team.
If we have reasonable cause for concern that a child maybe at risk of significant harm, we will refer to social care.
For further information please read our Child Protection policy and other policies that support Safeguarding. These are available in our Information Hub under the tab ‘Policies’ – or contact one of our safeguarding team.
Within this section of our website, you will find the CEOPS button which you can click to instantly access support and guidance about keeping your child safe online, or to report anything connected with online safety.
Some quick tips for keeping your children safe on-line:
- Learn how to check up on your child.
- Privacy covers things like going to the bathroom, not ignoring all of their tech communication.
- Limit access to mobile phones and tablet devices e.g. not in your bedroom or not after 8pm.
- There are Apps available that allow you to limit access to certain times e.g. OurPact, Screen Time Parental Control.
- Keep a note of your child’s password to social media accounts so that you can monitor activity.
- Be curious, know where they are going and where they have been online. Advise children not to respond to abusive or obscene postings whether this is online, text messages or video messages. You can report incidents of abusive emails and inappropriate sites to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your mobile service provider should have a number that you can ring to report abusive messaging. Try their websites for details.
- Ask your children to teach you how to use what they are using.